A Training Program for Coaches
Those of us who coach clients going through change are Sherpas. We guide clients through their “unique, unpredictable, and dangerous adventures.”
As a student of—and practitioner in—change for decades, I have developed a deep understanding of transformational change, and what is required to traverse it. Out of this has grown my own version of The Hero’s Journey, based on Joseph Campbell’s seminal work. It is at the heart of this program, and includes five key elements:
- Create Your Change Story: What is a change story? Who writes it? When? In what voice? How is it used? Why is it important?
- Prepare for the Journey: Why start preparing for a journey that hasn’t been planned? What is important to consider in preparing? How does your client prepare?
- Plan for the Journey: What is planned for, and what isn’t? How deeply should your client plan? What milestones do they need?
- Take the Journey: What is important to keep in mind and monitor during the journey? What happens when things go wrong? What does your client do when they are stuck?
- Live the New Reality: What does it mean to succeed in traveling through a life challenge? How does your client sustain the new reality once it is reached?
The Hero’s Sherpa: Guiding Your Client Through Life’s Challenges is a live, online program. It includes:
- Six live, online, interactive 90-minute class sessions
- Access to recordings of all class sessions
- Tools and/or templates for applying each key component of The Hero’s Sherpa model
- The eBook on which this course is based
- A review and feedback by the instructor for each completed module assignment
- Sample powerful questions for each key component of the model
- Six live, online, 90-minute group coaching sessions
- Access to recordings of each group coaching session
The first five modules focus on the key components of the journey; the sixth brings them all together. In addition to learning the Hero’s Sherpa model as well as the science and art behind it, you will apply the model to a specific case of your choosing.
The patterns of navigating change are universal, and what you will be learn will be applicable in any coaching situation from helping an executive who is leading a global business transformation to guiding an individual during significant personal change.
Watch this 21-minute video to learn more about The Hero’s Sherpa program and some of the lessons it has to offer. Download the free eBook in the sidebar to read more about applying the Hero’s Sherpa model in your own life, and your work with your clients.
Program Dates: Pending, Fall 2018. Online sessions are every two weeks.
Program Time: Sessions are 12:30 PM – 2:00 PM Eastern. All sessions are recorded; links to recordings are made available the same day.
Continuing Coach Education (CCE): The International Coach Federation has approved this course for 9 Core Competencies and 27 Resource Development CCE’s.