If you are responsible for the successful execution of change, a Change Practitioner Council is the place for you. Whether you are a C-suite executive, an HR business partner, a change management practitioner, a project manager, or a business coach, you will find a forum for confidentially exploring the opportunities and the challenges that you face. The goal of the Council is to provide you with a pathway to greater success and confidence in your change role. The Council is methodology agnostic.
Council members will be in similar change-related roles and bring with them comparable levels of change experience. Council membership (other than in the case of independent consulting firms) will be in non-competing businesses.
|Membership||6 members maximum|
|Agenda||Topics submitted by members (see examples below)|
|As a member…||Bring your topics to the Council for their advice; you are guaranteed a minimum of three explorations over the life of the Council|
Following the exploration of your topic, commit to a course of action
Receive 1:1 coaching from the facilitator as you prepare and implement your action plan; receive Council feedback on your implementation
|Schedule||Councils meet online Saturday mornings (Eastern time) starting in September|
Council meetings are every two weeks, other than when scheduling around holidays
Council meetings are two hours in duration
There are six Council meetings
Council members receive three 1-hour one-on-one coaching sessions
Leverage the experience of the entire Council to help you prepare for, take on, and learn from the change-related challenges that you face. Some common Council topics include:
- Sponsorship: e.g. inadequate access, confronting poor sponsor behaviors
- Trusted advisor: e.g. inspiring confidence, becoming a trusted advisor
- Change intent: e.g. lack of clarity, scope creep
- Planning: e.g.failure to integrate change planning, demonstrating value of change management
- Engagement: e.g. inadequate, failure to follow through
- Resistance: e.g. covert resistance, efforts to suppress
- Self-care: e.g. work-life balance, confidence in the face of challenge
Brian Gorman, Facilitator: Brian brings more than 50 years of change experience to the Councils. His change management consulting experience ranges from supporting global businesses such as Merck as they took on global transformation to working with nonprofits experiencing a change in leadership. Brian now focuses on change management and transformation coaching. He is an International Coach Federation (ICF) certified coach and a member of the Forbes Coaches Council.
Gail Severini, Guest Facilitator: Gail is a change practitioner with 20+ years of delivering large scale complex change in North American organizations. She is acutely tuned to the realities of delivery – the ambiguity, the complexity, the politics, the heartaches and the stress, and also the triumph of victories large and small. She grounds discussions in practicality combined with optimistic reliance to navigate the systems we operate in.
Guest Facilitators TBD: Depending on the membership of the Council and the topics to be explored, other guest facilitators will be brought in.
- Ratchet up your insight and skill level by “standing on the shoulders” of others who have already walked this path.
- Get practical advice on your most difficult challenges from others who have already faced them.
- Develop your network by deepening relationships with fellow change practitioners.
The cost for Council membership is $975 US. “Early Bird” registration paid by September 1, 2019 is $850 US. This cost includes six 2-hour online Council sessions and three 1-hour one-on-one coaching sessions.
To Get Started…
- Schedule a 30-minute Zoom meeting with Brian Gorman to find out more about Change Practitioner Council programs. https://go.oncehub.com/BrianGormanAppointments
- Complete this brief background information form at least one business day in advance of your appointment.