Provided one-on-one coaching of individuals experiencing significant change.
- Supported the journey from “you’re fired” to successful business owner: Coached an individual who lost her job mid-career as she went through the process of determining whether to re-focus her career; defined a new professional intent for her life; and moved from the initial stages of creating a privately-owned business to highly successful entrepreneur.
- Enabled successful transition to retirement: Guided founder/executive director of a national nonprofit as she prepared for and made the move from employment to retirement; facilitated transition of leadership within the organization; helped her define the way in which she wanted to find purpose in her retirement, put in place the plan she needed to achieve that, and coached her in the execution of that plan.
- Supported personal transformation from abused adolescent to successful college graduate: Mentored and coached a gay teen living in an unhealthy environment as he navigated a variety of challenges, ranging from an abusive home to assaults at school to becoming disenfranchised by his family; helped him re-stabilize his life and develop a support network, guided him through the college and scholarship application processes, and oversaw his successful high school graduation and entry to college. He completed his undergraduate degree in trauma psychology with a 3.9 GPA.
- Facilitated successful career launch: Advised an attorney newly admitted to the bar as he moved to New York City and launched his own private practice; guided him as he formulated the intent of his practice, developed the strategy for achieving that intent, and moved forward in executing his strategy; worked with him to monitor his progress in growing his business; provided counsel as he made the decision, and the move, from sole practitioner to partner in a boutique Wall Street law firm.
- Supported re-creation of an interpersonal relationship: Worked with a couple (1:1 and together) who wanted to redefine their relationship from one that was based largely on sexual intimacy to one that had a broader and deeper meaning; facilitated the creation of a shared understanding of the relationship they wanted; helped them define the path forward; coached them as they successfully made the transition.
- Coached a senior citizen as he came out: Provided ongoing support as this gentleman explored what it would mean to live his life as a gay man; made the decision to separate from his wife and come out; and established his new identity–and home–as a gay man.
Certified Professional Coach: International Coach Federation & Goldvarg Consulting Group (Damian Goldvarg, Past President, ICF Board of Directors); ACC
Visionary Business School (Ryan Eliason)
Conversational Intelligence: Neuroscience for coaches (Judith Glaser, PhD)
Coaching Supervisor: Jason Sackett
Personal Coach: Michael Cohen
University of Texas, San Antonio: MA, Higher Education Administration
University of Oklahoma: MA, Human Relations
Syracuse University: BA, Cultural Anthropology
Member: International Coach Federation and ICF New York City
Member: Forbes Coaches Council
Member: Gay Coaches Alliance